“When one does any kind of meaningful independent research, there should always be a public
outcome, whether it’s a presentation, a paper or an exhibit. Sharing your results with others is an
important part of being a scholar.” Rebecca Pliske, PhD, Founding Director of URSCI &
Professor, Psychology Department
2014 URSCI Expo and Global Learning Symposium
This year's Undergraduate Research, Scholarship and Creative Investigations Expo
will take place on Wednesday, April 2, in conjunction with the Global Learning Symposium.
URSCI Expo and Global Learning Symposium – Schedule for Wednesday, April 2
Mark your calendars. The schedule for the April 2, 2014, URSCI Expo and Global Learning Symposium is now set. While the program may be subject to a few alterations,
please click on the link below for an overview of the day’s program.
2014 URSCI EXPO and GL SYMPOSIUM PROGRAM OVERVIEW
2014 URSCI EXPO and GL SYMPOSIUM PROGRAM without abstracts
If you have any questions about the Expo, please contact Martha Jacob, URSCI director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
URSCI Expo program
This day-long event, held annually the first week of April, has become a highlight of Dominican’s
academic year. Over the past two years, approximately 10 percent of the undergraduate population
has participated by:
- giving oral presentations,
- poster presentations, or
- exhibiting their artwork.
Fellow students can support the presenters and look for inspiration for their own research
Recent Expo presentations included:
- Organic chemistry (Coffee Grounds: The Future Fuel for Cars)
- Apparel merchandising (Rebel Rousers: Analyzing the Boy’s Clothing Market)
- Computer science (Cloud Data Services)
- Music (The Evolution of the Modern Bass Guitar)
After the Expo
For some students, presenting at Expo is just a taste of future successes. Recently, several
Dominican students presented their research at professional scholarly conferences in their field.
- A psychology major won a Regional Research award from Psi Chi (the national honor society in
psychology), along with the opportunity to present at the Midwestern Psychological Association
- Another psychology student received a travel award and the opportunity to present at the annual
Society for Neuroscience meetings.
- An English major traveled to the United Kingdom to present her undergraduate research project
at a professional meeting (New Directions in Austen Studies).
Poster Presentation Workshop
2012 Expo Program
2012 Expo Program Overview
2011 Expo Program
2010 Expo Program
2009 Expo Program with Abstracts
2008 Expo Program